Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Little Service. Advent

Can it really be December already?  I love December, don't you?  I've had advent calendars on my mind since I've been putting one for our family together.  It just needs to be hung and I can't wait to show you.   Until then I wanted to share this little service advent calendar we made with our Young Women at church last night.  


On our schedule was a service activity.  But we also wanted to  help them have service on their minds for longer than one night, especially during the holidays.  So I came up with an easy way for them {and I} to perform service all month long, keeping Christ more centered in our Christmas.  

It is simple to put together and  if you want to make one for yourself, I bet you could even get it done today and not miss out on a day.

I found the envelopes in the gift bag section at Michaels.  I think they were $3 for 25.  I cut numbers with my Silhouette but you could use stamps or any number stickers you have on hand.  Hole punch the top and string them all together.  Tuck in a card with an act of service to do each day, and you are ready to count down the days to Christmas!  

+++

PS... The winner of the Level Up Intro To Photography class is Italia!  Thanks so much for entering!  And I'll let you know when the class after Christmas is so you can learn how to use your new Christmas Presents!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. You have a wonderful site. Loads of inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I saw this on Pinterest, and I just love this idea. I have a goal to make Christmas more Christ-centered this year too, and I am inspired by you! Will you share your list of service activities? I'm sure I could come up with my own, but yours are probably much better. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I la la love hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails